Mathematics in Artificial Intelligence
A Special Issue of the journal Mathematics in Computer Science
Guest edited by Paola Galdi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jacques Fleuriot (email@example.com), University of Edinburgh, UK.
Mathematics plays a vital role in the development, analysis and application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems. As AI continues to advance and impact various domains, the need for rigorous mathematical theories, methodologies and tools to understand and enhance AI approaches becomes paramount.
The journal Mathematics in Computer Science invites researchers and practitioners to contribute to a special issue focused on Mathematics in Artificial Intelligence, encompassing a wide range of topics exploring the interplay between mathematics and AI.
Relevant themes and sub-themes include, but are not limited to:
- Mathematical theories and foundations of AI approaches:
– Probabilistic reasoning and graphical models
– Statistical learning theory
– Algebraic structures for representation and reasoning
– Causal inference and decision theory
- Mathematical methodologies and tools for applied AI:
– Optimization techniques for AI models
– Uncertainty quantification in AI systems
– Information theory and AI applications
– Topological data analysis in AI
– Geometric methods for machine learning
- Neurosymbolic AI, with a focus on the interplay between deep learning and automated reasoning:
– Integration of symbolic reasoning with machine learning
– Explainable AI and interpretable deep learning models
– Knowledge representation in neurosymbolic systems
– Combining deep learning and mechanical theorem proving or model checking
– Hybrid neurosymbolic approaches
We welcome original research papers and insightful surveys, which should be prepared according to the journal’s guidelines which can be accessed here.
Articles should then submitted via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=mai2024 by the deadline.
Please note that the guest editors will first carry a quick assessment of each submission and only papers that are deemed relevant to the special issue and are of high enough quality will be forwarded to at least two referees for full, independent reviews.
Authors are welcome to suggest suitable reviewers and/or request the exclusion of certain individuals when they submit their manuscripts. Please include this information in the title page of the manuscript.
- Submissions due: January 31, 2024
- First-round acceptance notification: April 30, 2024
- Revised versions due: May 31, 2024
- Final decision: July 31, 2024
- Final papers due: August 31, 2024
- Publication date: 2024 (Date to be confirmed)